Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Freaking Jury Duty

On Monday, September 10th I (Rachel) showed up at the Dedham district court for jury duty. You know the drill, you sit there miserable for a few hours and then you go home, dismissed for three more years. Duty done. This time around, I was chosen for a case, a boring civil case. Today is September 18th and there is no end in sight. Well, maybe Thursday, maybe. The commonwealth is good enough to pay us jurors $50 a day after the 3rd day, so pretty soon I am going to be rolling in the dough. I try my best to pay attention - and my understanding of what they are talking about has gone up quickly over the last few days. If you catch me on the sly maybe I will tell you some of the things I think about when my mind wanders...

1 comment:

NoSurfGirl said...

hah! I like this blog better than the other ones. Because you update it more often!!

That website I posted...

it's a joke. Don't be confused. Don't worry, it's not a real bishop.