Friday, February 22, 2008

Long awaited news.

To be honest we haven't blogged lately because we have had big news that we have wanted to tell everyone but weren't ready to go public yet. So even though there were other little things to blog about (like me having the flu, ugly snakefish, or being snowed in.... again, which means I can't work on the attic because the sheet rock is outside in the garage.) they weren't worth reporting when we had such a whopper waiting in the wings. That being said here comes the news....















Rachel is PREGNANT!!!!

We have known for a long time of course but now the customary waiting period is over. We have told at least most of those closer to us whom we wanted to tell in person. Now we are blabbing about it to everyone at work, church and the world. Rachel is pregnant and that is awesome. Here a picture of the little tyke.


Starting a few weeks into the pregnancy and continuing still, Rachel has been quite ill and it doesn't limit itself to the morning either. Rachel is starting to get rather annoyed with being sick and I think it also makes her tired. We got the following card from a good friend of ours and so far it sums it up fairly well.
We do not know the gender of our baby yet, so we call it junior. We are suspecting a boy because the men in my family seem to shoot a lot more Y's than X's. (parents reading this with children can insert biology lesson here) We have been thinking about names and are fairly settled on one for each of the boy/girl options. These are not up for public release as of yet. We will have the gender revealing ultrasound on March 17 and the due date is in mid August. The specific date fluctuates so it is not important to know the most current prediction.
Before we were pregnant we wanted a girl, now we are so used to thinking of it as a boy that we might be microscopically disappointed if it isn't. Either way I hope it gets Rachel's skin, digestive system, lack of allergies, and wonderful energy and exuberance. I am not sure which of my traits I want to bestow on my little one. Maybe my superior driving skills since it will be growing up in Boston.
For those of you who do not understand the significance of this please see below:
Imagine one hundred cars on the following depiction of western city style streets. Ahhh, so nice and wide, straight and perpendicular.
Now imagine one thousand cars on the following depiction of Boston streets and be sure to throw in drunk pedestrians, cars parked on either side and angry cab drivers screaming in 7 different languages.
But I digress. Rachel is pregnant.


8 comments:

Delise said...

Yay! Congratulations to you THREE!! I like what you are bestowing upon your child Jeremy...a necessary skill...if you've got it figured out, perhpas you could give me lessons? I'm still perplexed!

The Harwards said...

SOOOOOOOO excited for you guys! I've thought about it every day since you told me Rachel and the news still doesn't get old. Can't wait for jr. to come!

Erin Fast said...

Can't WAIT!!!!

Jo said...

Hi Rachel, it's Joanna from forever ago. I don't know if you remember me, but my favorite memory of hanging out with you is when you attended mine and Mary's girl's night at our apartment when we had no furniture! You were always one of my favorite people in Boston and I just wanted to say congrats on your marriage (which I know has been a while now) and especially now on your baby! Obviously all is well in the lovely land of Boston! I miss it a lot, but not the anxiety attack I had every time I got in the car! :)

(mostly marissa) said...

BTW, we saw that show on the snakefish too and we can't stop talking about it! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

NoSurfGirl said...

You seemed to get from Seminary to High school in one piece. Though your car smelled like pretzels and sweaty socks. (Sorry. but it's a rather salient memory). (by the way, if you've ever wondered why I always rode with YOU in the mornings, it's because I had a crush on CJ freshman year that he KNEW about so I had to avoid him at all costs, two of my good girl friends had a major crush on Nate Biggs and I didn't want to make them jealous, and Ben Thompson intimidated me because, well, he was hot. And a football player. There, i've got that out of my system. Oh, and you played good music.)

Anyways, CONGRATS!!! YAY!!! Make sure you get LOTS and LOTS of light, frothy maternity tops, rachel, and plan on using any excuse to get into a bathing suit, because you're gonna be hot those last three months. (I mean that literally, but if it raises your self esteem you can take that figuratively as well.) :)

SandyKay said...

Yeaaa!!! I'm so happy for you both!! That is fabulous and exciting. Can't wait to see what the two of you cook up (have cooked up..? are cooking up..?).

SLP said...

We are exploding with excitement. Of course we hope for a girl - potential betrothal :)
Hugs,
S, T & t