Saturday, March 08, 2008

Cubby Update #4

As you may have noticed, there hasn't been a cubby update in a while. I have been busy cutting sheetrock and moving it up to the attic piece by piece waiting until I had a free Saturday so that I could ask someone to come over and help me put it up. Well, one weekend passed and I either didn't have enough time or no one was available to help me. The next weekend was just too far away for an impatient person with many free nights in the week. So as the saying goes, "you can stick a pig in a fancy dress, but it don't make me want to dance with it." No, that's not it. This one, "necessity is the mother of invention." I devised a wedge-like support. This allowed me to hoist the heavy sheetrock over my head (without hurting myself) and then wedging in this support which held up the sheetrock allowing me to screw it into place.

After one hour plus session I had one side done. One piece was too large and I was tired so I ended up ruining that piece but I have a spare so I should be fine.
And after a two hour session today I now have 9 out of the 10 ceiling pieces in place. See for yourself.


I just need to cut another piece for that missing section you see above and then cut the two end pieces. Thereafter I will hire a plasterer to work his magic. I will then paint the white parts white (including the stairs leading up) and then we will hire some one to carpet the whole place. I think they should be called carpeteers.

No comments: