Sunday, April 13, 2008

Feeling my age

Age has never been a big issue for me. I never really cared about how old I was in relation to other people. But yesterday for the first time I feel I have officially crossed over into the "grown up" side of the age scale.
Two weeks ago I received a new responsibility at church, we refer to them as callings. I am second councilor in the young men's presidency. For some reason that was not the shot that made me feel old. It was all because of last night. As part of my calling, I chaperoned a youth dance.
--insert dance photo--

I used to go to these dances as a kid and I would see older people in bad sport coats walking around chit chatting with other grownups. Now, I am one of those people. To the youth at that dance, I am the old grownup in the bad sport coat, but don't worry I didn't wear a sport coat. So, if the youth are the kids in the above photo, that must mean that I am this guy:



Ps. Happy Birthday to my mother. We love you, mom.

1 comment:

NoSurfGirl said...

lol. Is there some high school fantasy you're still living, then?

I'm jealous. Someday I will have to chaperone youth dances. Probably when my own kids are youth.