Monday, June 23, 2008

LA Trip for Jeremy

I just returned from a trip to LA to see my family. It was great to see everyone that I saw and also especially great to spend so much time with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. I took the morning shift, which I was happy to do, which entailed waking up before 6am when Owen woke up and playing with him for an hour or two while his parents got some more sleep. We played with blocks (Rachel and I bought him these last Christmas):

We played with Thomas trains:
I feel that this trip was filled with great accomplishments on my part. One is that I christened Mike's PS3 as a game console (he bought it primarily for its blue ray capabilities) and also managed to beat the first game ever on that machine. The second accomplishment is building an elaborate train track on the train table incorporating all of Owen's major components.
Here is the first complete incarnation:
I later realized that the above version only allowed you to change directions once and then you were stuck. So I revised it and here is the finished model, complete with train yard:
Another accomplishment was soothing a baby and fortunately I got lots of face time with both nephews:



This is Owen wearing a Kick-A** outfit on my last day there. Those aren't checkered shoes you see, those are skull shoes.
This next photo I just think is funny because I caught him in a position that looks very much like a modeling pose. Eat your heart out Zoolander.

1 comment:

SLP said...

Sounds like Rough and Ready and really ready for how rough parenting gets!
Great pics Jer!
S