Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Shoulder Dolly

We have a treadmill. We (Rachel) used to use it. She now has a gym membership. We have been wanting to get rid of the treadmill for about 2 years but because it is so heavy and so very awkward we have dreaded trying to move it down the stairs. We even considered paying somebody to come move it for us. To make a long story short, I decided to try one of the shoulder carrying products that I have heard about and seen movers use. I have to say that I had an idea for a similar product but my vision obviously was not as clear and solidified as the people who ended up making such a product. I purchased a shoulder dolly from Amazon for $32. I figured we would have payed somebody about $50, so it was worth a try.
Our friend Elliott (thanks Elliott) came over on Saturday morning and we moved the treadmill down the stairs and into the garage in under 10 minutes. It was unbelievably easy. I then had him help me move a heavy armoire from the nursery to the place where the treadmill used to be. We didn't even empty out the armoire before moving it. Elliott came and left within 30 minutes and neither of us were tired after we moved two very heavy pieces.
Rachel and I were so amazed for hours after Elliott and I were finished. It was still work, moving those things, but the shoulder dolly made it so much easier. If you end up buying one I would watch the tutorial video on the website. I didn't watch this and we experienced some neck pinching, which is one of the things he tells you how to avoid. Again, we were simply amazed for hours.

And now, just for fun:

1 comment:

NoSurfGirl said...

but the shells are still on??

the must have injected them with flavor, either that or some poeple like to eat the shells...