Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day

Saturday made for a great flag day. The weather was incredibly cooperative. To start the day off we headed out to go strawberry picking. If you don't know already, Rachel loves strawberries, and I love the strawberry rhubarb pie we get at Smolak Farms in North Andover, MA. I think Elliott might take a liking to strawberries pretty soon too.

- I think I hear Elliott saying "give me some of that mama."

- After the tractor pull Elliott wanted to continue onward.

-On the way home we ran across a kite convention of large proportions. It was happening 5 minutes from our house.

- Some of the kites present cost upwards of $6000.00.

-I like this next shot.

-

- Needless to say I was tired, but Elliott had just woken up from a nap.

- After the kites we got a call to help a friend move. I grabbed my shoulder dolly and helped for 4-5 hours. After which we met up with other friends to go to the Quincy flag day parade and fireworks.
- We happened to be standing right in front of the mayor, so we got to have the performers turn toward us. They were the best "seats" in town.

- Video to follow with more parade and fireworks action.


1 comment:

Cherisa said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I can't believe it's finally berry season! Yeah!