Saturday, August 07, 2010

More?

Playing with Star Stickers Sent by Grandma Sharon


Yesterday I let Elliott do one of her favorite things. Play in the driver's seat of the car.

She loves it.

As you may know, children often have trouble with transitions. So, for along time we have given Elliott a 5 minute countdown when we will be leaving the park or changing up something she is engrossed in.

Yesterday I started with the five minute countdown in the car. "5 minutes, Elliott, then when momma says beep beep beep we will be all done with the car" and the same down to 1. At one minute I say "one more minute Elliott then when momma says beep beep beep we will be all done with the car". Elliott looks at me then peeks into the pocket of the backpack next to her and says "More?" I reply "More?"

She replys: "More minutes?"




No comments: