Friday, September 17, 2010

Facts and Updates

As previously mentioned. Elliott has started saying some sentences. Today Elliott was eating her dinner. She had eaten, not all, but a good amount, when I stepped out of the room for two minutes. I came back and her plate was completely empty. I said "Elliott where did all your food go? Did you eat it?" She replied "I threw it" Sure enough, her bites of sweet potato were thrown to various parts of the kitchen.

In other news. For Elliott's birthday we purchased her this:



Even though she does not wear that outfit, she actually still uses it, and loves it. Elliott loves to play in the sink ("water please?"), help me measure and pour when I am cooking and baking, and knead dough at the counter. I look forward to her growing with the item and learning a lot.

Today I said I need to get the olive oil, while Elliott stood at her "tower", she pointed right to it on the shelf. I feel that this "tower" is going to help her expand her vocab as we work and create together side by side. A step stool is good too - but now I don't have to worry as much about her falling off, making kitchen play time more relaxed.

This morning we went to the Trail Side Museum. Elliott got to see an Otter, turtles (so you know she was stoked), deer, an owl, and fed ducks bread.

Her new favorite book is: My First Little House Book "Winter Days in the Big Woods". Who knew there was a WHOLE little house series for the little tykes!

Her favorite quote from the book is when Pa comes home and says:
"Where is my half pint of cider half drunk up?!"

She also is enjoying the book: "Say Hello!" by, Rachel Isadora. From which she has learned to say "Hello" in several different languages. From the book she specifically she likes to say: "Jambo!", "Shalom", "Konechiwa (sp)" and, given the times, I find delightfully amusing, "Al salaam a'alaykum".

So, Jer is back to work full time and we are very very happy that he has a great job that he enjoys! Elliott, not so much. She is still getting used to her daddy not being home. The other day, when I was in the kitchen, I heard Elliott crash through our bedroom door and say "Hi, Daddy!" only to find he was not there, and started to cry! :( Today in the car, when we were driving to the museum, Elliott spontaneously cried out "daddy home..." in a whiney wimper. I feel so bad for out little love nugget! I miss him too and I tell her so.


Finally, yesterday, Elliott received a Zhu Zhu Pet from MTB. Elliott loves it. I think it is hilarious. Jeremy, he's hard to read on the matter. It is just like a real pet that you don't have to feed! Elliott reacts to is as she would any real animal she encounters - delighted and scared at the same time. She peeks to look at it closer then hops on my lap and clings for life! She has moments of bravery when she picks it up and says it's fur is "soft". I made a little bed for him. Last night we read him a story and tucked him in. Thanks MTB!

To some, the life of this mommy may be mundane, to me it is anything but. This child of ours is amazing and I am so glad I get to spend my days with this little girl!

6 comments:

David Blanchard said...

Where's Jeremy working now?

The Thackers said...

Rachel, I love this post. I agree...being a mommy is great. I think your Elliot sounds pretty amazing too. I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

turleybenson said...

I'm so glad she likes it! Just don't let those wheels go near her hair!

Johnson Family said...

Kids are so honest. I can hear her say, "I threw it" and you don't know whether to punish or laugh first. I'm sure you laughed :)

gvsharon said...

I love that she told you the truth about throwing her food, without being afraid to tell you. It shows that you are an excellent parent with your priorities straight.
She is a wonderful, smart little person (did I mention too cute for words?) and I can't wait to see her next month.
Love, Grandma Sharon

Janssen said...

What an awesome little kid!